Interview with hijaq.

Hello to all readers of Ø of ambient! Please welcome our seventh guest, a musician living in Japan: hijaq.

What is your past? 

My dad gave me a guitar when I was ten and I started making music on my mom’s iPad when i was fourteen. I started hijaq in 2025. Since 2025 I make songs on youtube.


What is your present?

Hi, I’m jaq. i love cats and music. I moved in Japan this year. I’m inspired by slowcore, ambient and Dorian Concept videos. 


What is your future? 

For the moment I want to keep doing music, finding beauty in little moments. I guess Japan will bring me inspiration for my next albums! 


Now for the Special Questions:


1. What is the strangest place where you’ve ever had a musical idea?

Not really a place but once I got a voicemail on my phone from a unknown number and it was an old woman trying to call her granddaughter lucy. “Hi lucy, it’s granny” she said. It was a long message and she sounded very tired and confused and it made me sad so I went out on my balcony, it was raining a little and I played some guitar over it and I made it the opening track to an album.


2. Which animal do you think would understand your music best?

As I said before, I live cats. 

I’ve gotten some comments from people saying their cats seem to enjoy listening to my songs. I have a whole video about stray cats. Cats are very melancholic creatures, i would like to be a cat i think.


3. What is the weirdest compliment anyone has ever given you about your music?

I got a comment where someone said my music is like the warm chocolate milk their grandma used to give them before bed.


Follow hijaq.: https://linktr.ee/hijaq




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with narvent

Interview with dxstroyed

Interview with .wawøne