Interview with waigo

Hello to all readers of Ø of ambient! Please welcome our sixth guest, a Brazilian musician: waigo. 


Whats your past? 

I started making music in August 2023, inspired by Sign crushes motorist, but I only started releasing music in January 2024. I thought music was the best way to convey my feelings to the world. One of my most prolific track “souls divided” was released in 2026 with The Meek, gaining almost 100k streams. 


What is your present? 

My name is João Antônio de Andrade Neto and I'm an indie producer from Brazil. I produce ambient music, slowcore, gloomcore and indie rock, using most of the time string instruments such as guitars and violins. I believe that anyone who is melancholic could potentially enjoy my music.


What is your future? 

I want to create great music, that people enjoy it and listen! Art is the best way to express yourself, whatever generation you are from.    


Now for the Special Questions:


1. What emotion do you think has no proper name yet?

 The feeling of feeling physical pain in your heart and stomach when something makes you feel sad.


2. If someone listened to your music 100 years from now, what would you hope they understand about our time?

I would hope that people would understand that we (producers) had so much melancholy inside us, and that melancholy is an estate of sadness, but also an estate of peace, meaning it's a double-edged sword.


3. Which artist changed not your sound, but the way you think about music?

DEFINITELY Liam MacCay I'm here because of him, I never would have started making music if it weren't for him. 



Discover waigo:

https://www.instagram.com/waigo__

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with narvent

Interview with dxstroyed

Interview with .wawøne